The W.D.M. Limited Routine Maintenance System (RMS) module has been designed to provide a complete solution for managing both Cyclic and Non-cyclic maintenance operations using the latest map based techniques.
The system incorporates all Client and Contractor stages of the process and a comprehensive Security Manager ensures that users have the exact privileges required to fulfil their role in the process.
The system covers:
- User defined Inventory Management
- Input of faults – fault types and response times are user defined
- Generation of Bills of Quantities for Non-cyclic work
- Automatic generation of works orders
- Attachment of office documents/digital photographs/maps to any instruction
- Supports Contractor claims for payment and Client valuation
- Can operate with NSG and/or Section/chainage based networks
- Full Mapping tools built into software which supports eleven different RASTER/VECTOR map types
Determining the location of faults can often be difficult. The System allows faults to be located either by clicking on the appropriate inventory items from any of the map types or by using one of the text-based search facilities (e.g. street name, postcode, coordinate etc.).
Once the job is located it can be assigned to specific works orders and submitted to the Contractor(s) along with any supporting documents and photographs etc.
The system can cope with multiple contracts and Bills of Quantities (supporting various rates and VOP’s for each item). Non-cyclic jobs are constructed using the BOQ search tools and the maps can be used to estimate lengths and areas.
The User Security allows technicians and managers to be given privileges to approve jobs up to a defined value and managers are able to “disapprove” jobs, which are then returned to the technician with a supporting reason.
Once a job is approved by the Client, the Contractor can access the job information and decide how the work is to be carried out. He can “Batch” a number of jobs together (by selecting from the mapping) to produce one printed Activity Notification Sheet (ANS), which is assigned to an operative. The ANS contains all the necessary information to allow jobs to proceed including a location plan.
Once the work is complete, the Contractor can input the job details back into the RMS (completion date/time, measured quantities and extra BOQ items). This then forms the “Claim”, which the Client receives. Requests for interim payments are also supported.
The Client agrees payment as appropriate and on payment the job moves to Completed Status awaiting calculation of PI’s. Any future correspondence relating to the job can be appended at any time.
The System has been designed with flexibility in mind. Inventory items, fault types and Contractor information is user defined. A number of peripheral tools have been written which can be adjusted for each user’s specific requirements.
- Automatic input of faults using WDM® Safety Inspection DCD software or can be adapted to interface with other DCD inspections
- Interfaces to Finance System, Call Centre (other than the WDM® Call Centre Software)
- Scheduling: tasks which can be scheduled - printing; input of DCD inspections; monitoring of Call Centre; Fast Track Jobs (i.e. jobs with urgent response times can be automatically forwarded to the Contractor for quick response); monitoring of Finance Systems (allowing user to monitor available funds under each works order as a non-cyclic Job is being created); and automatic generation of recurring Instructions (i.e. cyclic jobs may be instructed monthly/annually etc.)
Management of Routes is also supported allowing users to generate and manage routes for any purpose (e.g. Winter Gritting, Safety Inspections etc.).