W.D.M. Limited exhibited at the Annual Bridges Conference, on the 16th March 2017 at Ricoh Arena, Coventry.
For 25 years, the Bridges conference has driven technical knowledge, debate and discussion at the heart of Europe's bridge community.
The 2017 conference focus on delivering a number of informative sessions, detailing all the latest thinking through technical sessions and case studies for all those involved with the planning and design, construction and maintenance of bridges.
Key Topics for 2017 included:
- Managing safety, risk and contractual responsibilities
- Implementing a new risk based approach from the new Code of Practice for highways
- Managing and improving performance
- Making efficient use of modern technology on bridges projects
- A number of detailed case studies from the UK and around the world, delivering knowledge and inside information on managing a bridge projects efficiently and effectively.
- New trends in bridge designs and planning strategies
- Managing costs versus investing in new technology and innovation
- Bridge engineer/manager training and development
- Efficient use of materials and other resources
WDM® showcased their Structures Management System (SMS) module, which is available as a separate low cost standalone product, but is also capable of operating within an integrated WDM® Management System to provide integration between Structures and Highways.
SMS enables engineers to create structure types (e.g. bridges) and break them down into spans, as well as plan inspections, produce performance indicators and asset valuations.