Software Support Technician
Company: Industry leader in the provision of Survey Equipment and Integrated Software Systems for use in a Local Authority / Highways environment.
Location: Staple Hill, Bristol
Role: Working closely with the software development team, as a member of the support team, the successful applicant will assist in the customer support of Thick, Thin Client and Web Applications for the management and analysis of data gained in a Local Authority / Highways environment.
Educated to ‘A’ level standard or above, ideally you will have some experience in using Microsoft SQLServer, Windows 7 - 10, and Server 2008 - 2016.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensuring highest level of customer support
- Receiving communications from Software users
- Investigating problems received from users & deciding appropriate course of action
- Production of walkthrough guides, troubleshooting guides & help sheets
- Distribution of Software upgrades to users
- Production of reports for use in software systems
- Production & updating of test plans
- Ensuring software is tested in a methodical & consistent manner
- Production of user documentation / manuals for new software
- Updating existing documentation / manuals for software enhancements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to work quickly & efficiently.
- Knowledge of database design.
- Logical & methodical approach to problem solving.
- SQL server 2008-2016
- SSIS Integration Services
- IIS 6, 7, 8
Working: Mon-Fri 39hrs/week, 25 days holiday/year, plus a competitive salary.