Mechanical Design Engineer (Commercial Vehicles)
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of commercial vehicle “bodybuild” design to work in our Design and Development team.
Duties and responsibilities
- To produce detail and assembly drawings for manufacture and procurement.
- Produce BOM’s, parts list, operator’s manuals and maintain drawing office records. Ensuring accurate records and future traceability are maintained.
- Source suitable products for company use, liaise with procurement and progress as necessary.
- Workshop and inter-departmental liaison.
- Application of all relative standards ensuring health & safety, vehicle road legality, vehicle type approval, risk assessment etc. are met.
- Research new and improve company products and components as required.
- Ensure timescales and deadlines are met.
- Apply commercial awareness with regards to quality, costing’s, legalities and deliveries.
- Assist the company in any other issues as required.
You will have experience in meeting legislative requirements such as Whole Vehicle Type Approval regulations and an understanding of Conformity of Production.
Working hours: Normal working hours are from 8.00 hours to 17.00 hours Monday to Thursday and 8.00 hours to 16.00 hours Friday. A one hour lunch break is normally taken from 12.00 noon to 13.00 hours.
Holidays: ~ 25 days per annum plus recognised public holidays.
Pension: The company operates a pension scheme which fully complies with all pension scheme automatic enrolment legislation.
Remuneration: Competitive salary, dependent upon qualifications/experience.