Engineering Technician (Electrical)
W.D.M Limited is an industry leader located in the Bristol area specialising in the design, production and operation of multi-functional, high technology road surveying vehicles and equipment.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Technician to join the workshop team. The work is varied and would be appreciated by an individual who has a well-rounded knowledge/appreciation of an array of electrical systems.
- Maintenance of electrical systems which are mounted on specialist highway surveying vehicle.
- Examine/fault find and repair these systems from an electrical perspective. This may include some cabinet wiring and wiring along the vehicle chassis via conduit.
- Soldering skills.
- Liaise with mechanical fitters/engineers etc.
- The ability to follow technical drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of electrical safe isolation procedure and safe working practices.
- The ability to work carefully, methodically and safely
- Planning and organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good housekeeping skills
- Report to workshop manager.
- Ability to carry out risk assessments.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably expected from time to time.
Qualifications: Wiring and soldering to IPC 610/620 class3
Background: The specialist highway surveying vehicles typically have a range of transducers fitted, such as load cells, accelerometers, lasers, temperature sensors, shaft encoders, GPS etc. so a knowledge of typical interfacing is essential (4-20mA, ADC, Ethernet, etc). The electrical systems broadly consist of power supply systems (DC from vehicle batteries) plus some AC from onboard inverters. There are also computer systems, electrical winches, contactors, motors, pumps and solenoid valves.
It is expected you will work to instructions initially and in-time work with a minimum of supervision, taking personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of your work.
Working hours: Normal working hours are from 8.00 hours to 17.00 hours Monday to Thursday and 8.00 hours to 16.00 hours Friday. A one-hour lunch break is normally taken from 12.00 noon to 13.00 hours.
Holidays: 25 days per annum plus recognised public holidays.
Remuneration: £22K to £26K per annum, dependent upon qualifications/experience. The company operates a pension scheme, which fully complies with all pension scheme automatic enrolment legislation.