W.D.M. Limited is an industry leader located in Bristol specialising in the design, production and operation of multi-function high technology highway surveying vehicles.
The Research and Development Department at W.D.M. Limited offers an exciting opportunity for a LabVIEW developer to contribute towards the continued success of the company. This position involves designing, implementing, commissioning and documenting real-time LabVIEW systems for a range of highly sophisticated highway surveying machines.
The individual needs to be an enthusiastic team player, eager to resolve issues by creating solutions and implementing them.
- Qualified to degree Level, HNC/HND, NVQ 4, 5 or higher in Electronics or Electronic Systems Engineering.
- Ideally NI Certified LabVIEW developer (CLD) (2 to 4 years experience) .
- LabVIEW RT and LabVIEW FPGA experience is a plus.
- Experience with National Instruments PXI and CompactRIO platforms is a plus
- Strong background in data acquisition with hardware knowledge of power supplies, sensors, transducers and signal conditioning.
- Document designs with regard to CE, i.e. technical files and ability to create operating manuals
- Able to carry out risk assessments for Health and Safety requirements.
Normal working hours are from 8.00 hours to 17.00 hours Monday to Thursday and 8.00 hours to 16.00 hours Friday. A one-hour lunch break is normally taken from
12.00 noon to 13.00 hours.
Holidays ~ 25 days per annum plus recognised public holidays.
The company operates a pension scheme which fully complies with all pension scheme automatic enrolment legislation.
Competitive salary dependent upon qualifications/experience.