Survey Operators required
Looking for a challenge, have you got what it takes?
WDM Ltd are looking for four Survey Operators, starting April 2018. These are full time positions, after a successful three month probationary period.
You will be required to travel to different parts of the UK on a minimum of 12 consecutive days on duty, followed by two days off, normally every other week end.
Whilst working away from Bristol the company will provide pre-paid accommodation (i.e. a Hotel single room). Whilst accommodated away from Bristol a subsistence allowance will also be paid.
Primary duties include but not limited to.
- Plan, organise, programme and execute the day to day conduct of surveys to meet the programmed schedule and the quality requirements of the contracts and the quality manual
- Return completed data records to all expected quality standards.
- Direct and supervise the individuals in the team, including sub-contracted services.
- Ensure that the team complies with the rules, regulations and codes of practice governing the conduct of the work.
- Ideas for the improvement of systems of work and safety.
- Maintain the equipment in a serviceable condition as far as team resources allow.
- Safeguard company property and money and ensure that it is properly and profitably employed on company business.
- The safe keeping of media, especially when it has gained survey value. This may involve the removal of items from the survey vehicle overnight to enhance the safe keeping;
- The reporting of survey vehicle defects;
- The loading and unloading of vehicles;
- Ensuring that accurate accident, damage or collision reports are speedily submitted;
- Ensuring that company documents are completed accurately by all members of the team and then submitted speedily.
- Carry out other duties, for which the survey operator is competent or trained.
No experience is required, but a working knowledge of computers is essential and a full driving licence is preferred.
It would also be advantageous if you hold an LGV licence, although this is not a requirement, nor is it a driving position.
On occasions, however, and if qualified you may be asked to drive one of the survey vehicles.
We are looking for a person who has a very flexible approach to work, who can work to time critical situations.
Working hours vary dependant on many factors, days, nights, early start, and late start. An average a working day is approximately 9.5 hrs
Monday to Thursday eight hours per day are at basic rate, then overtime will apply. Fridays will be seven hours at basic rate, then overtime will apply. Saturday and Sunday hrs are paid at overtime rates.
Therefore a basic 39 hrs week, after which overtime rates apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Will be paid on a weekly basis and directly to your chosen bank, rate to be discussed at interview.