W.D.M. Limited staff provide training courses covering all aspects of the Company’s work as well as supporting national conferences. The Company has also taken a leading role in organising and running International Conferences with the theme of Safer Roads.
Courses are run either in a client’s office, at the Company’s Head Office in Bristol or at a regional centre. The course content is specifically tailored and can either be hands on small groups, largely lectures with workshops, largely workshops or a combination of all three.
Typical examples of recent courses include:
- Five Skid Resistance Workshops in New Zealand with NZ Institute of Highways
- High Speed Data Collection Workshops in the South and North Island of New Zealand with New Zealand Transport Agency
- Two day Road Condition Assessment Workshops, held in Edinburgh, Bristol and Conwy
- Asset Management Workshop in Cambridge for the Eastern Consortium
- On-site training for site investigations for Somerset and Pembrokeshire
- One to one training for advanced training on the WDM® PMS to numerous Local Highway Authorities
The Company has worked with Transit New Zealand, now New Zealand Transport Authority in jointly organising a series of International Conferences on Road Surface Friction. Papers and presentations from the conferences can be found at Safe Roads Conference website.